Thursday, October 20, 2011

Every child is special

My Student's Learning and Development lecturer let us watch a movie (I don't know what is the title) during the lecture. It is a very touching and meaningful movie for me. It is about an Indian boy who has Dyslexia. He has difficulty in reading and writing but with his great imagination he draws well. His teachers and even his father don't realize his problem and keep misunderstands him as mischievous child. His father even sends him to boarding school, that makes him feels very miserable. Eventually, a passionate temporary teacher in the boarding school helps the boy to reform himself.

This reminds me of a fault I did years ago. I was once being so impatient to those students who were group as 'weak' when I was a substitute teacher. Not only that, I was once being misunderstanding to a special child in my family. I was so stupid. I feel really sorry to them. Sorry...

Every child is special. Some cannot study but they have other talents.

I'm dead serious of polishing myself for the rest of my degree years in order to become a good teacher, an educator.

No comments:

Post a Comment